Pages


Excited to announce a baby on the way!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to Normal


We found out in October that we were expecting.
The holiday season is over and all of our Christmas decorations are back in the attic. Our house is back in order and our dogs are feeling better. We loved spending time with our family and friends throughout the past few weeks. We have so much to be thankful for, a baby is just one of them. The highlight of my holiday break… finding out the sex of our little one. Jeff and I got to go to Presbyterian Dallas for a very special sonogram, to visit my Aunt Jacque a sonographer. Interestingly, she told my mom the sex of my brother and I 26 years ago.  Drum roll please- Jeff and I will be expecting a baby boy in June, I couldn’t be more excited! I will say I thought he was going to be a she because of the heart rate theory and the fact that Jeff’s family has had all had girls first. I will never forget Jeff’s face when my Aunt said we will be having a son. My eyes became teary and my heart started racing. I just said over and over again, “We are going to have a son.” Every appointment, every sonogram, every weekly picture, every new bottle of palmers I buy and every pair of pants I can’t fit in just reminds me that I am going to be a Mother soon.
Aunt Jacque, Me and Jeff on December 23rd
I remember when Jeff and I started dating in September of 2002. I knew I had met the man on my dreams, my Knight in Shining Armor, my Husband, the Father of my children. We have had an amazing journey so far and I can’t wait to see where the rest of our lifetime will take us. We have been blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family members. We thank you all for that. 

Christmas Eve: 17 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment